As a result, many organizations are taking proactive measures to prepare for these incidents by developing and implementing active shooter response plans, as well as training staff to react with decisiveness.
Our firm will provides designated personnel with training, including instruction on Best Practices in threat prevention and recognition, and considerations for active attacker response.
Training is tailored to meet the needs of executives, managers, team members, security personnel, and others responsible for decision-making during an incident.
We conduct training to address the threat profile of the active attacker incident as a concept, response tactics, threat detection, recognition, and mitigation.
The curriculum will address compatibility with public safety responder protocols stipulated by our nationwide law enforcement training programs.
This training includes the following topics,
• Overview of active shooter events including background, trends, & methodologies.
• Situational awareness and the color codes of awareness.
• The cycle of human decision-making under stress.
• Mindset & critical incident decision-making.
• The Avoid, Deny, & Defend (ADD) process.
• Prioritized staff response model with facility-specific response considerations for the client.
• Address the importance of further training and equipment for Emergency Casualty Care that includes the basics of triage/wound assessment and life-saving care for traumatic injuries.